TruPlugŪ is a temporary or emergency plug for your boat where water would
enter a circular, oval, or irregular hole caused by maintenance failure or hull breach
due to impact. A 2" hole in your boat, only 1 foot below the waterline
would fill a 55 gallon drum in 40 seconds. Bilge pumps can not keep up.
You must stop the water.
"If it were not for the quick use of the TruPlug to stop the leak...the boat would have sunk."
- Sgt. Dan Smock of the Harbor Patrol
- TruPlugŪ is a compressed by hand and inserted into the hole stopping or reducing the inward flow of water as the
float returns to its original shape.
- TruPlugŪ can also be cut with a razor knife and forced into elongated openings using a putty
knife or similar tool.
- TruPlugŪ can be inserted into the ends of borken pipes by twist compressing before inserting and will need to
be held in place.
- TruPlugŪ should be included with your damage control kit and kept with your vessel.
- See how quickly a small hole or breach overwhelms your bilge pump on this flooding chart.
- Questions about TruPlugŪ? Feel free to read the Frequently Asked Questions.
- TruPlugŪ is not guaranteed to stop all water leaks and is designed to be used alone or in conjunction with other emergency
equipment including bilge pumps. For boats under 30' we recommend two TruPlugsŪ and a minimum of three for any boat in exccess of 30'.
- Read what the pros have to say on TruPlug's Tech Tip.