Learn About Waterway Safety
Avoid sensitive areas and operating your watercraft in shallow waters or near shorelines at high speeds.
- Always launch at a designated boat ramp. Backing a vehicle on a riverbank or lakeshore can damage the area and leads to erosion.
- Always travel slowly in shallow waters and avoid boating in water less than 2½ feet deep. High speeds near shorelines lead to large wakes which cause shoreline erosion.
- Sensitive areas to avoid include seasonal nesting or breeding areas.
- Do not disturb historical, archeological or paleontological sites.
- Avoid “spooking” wildlife you encounter and keep your distance.
- Motorized and mechanized vehicles are not allowed in designated Wilderness Areas.
Hints Source: Treat-Lightly.org.
~ Forespar Point of View Team